- RSS Channel Showcase 5750878
- RSS Channel Showcase 3799004
- RSS Channel Showcase 2267178
- RSS Channel Showcase 9988517
Articles on this Page
- 01/15/18--16:10: _Wordless Not-Wednes...
- 01/15/18--21:01: _New Year’s Challeng...
- 01/19/18--14:21: _Wordless Not-Wednes...
- 01/30/18--14:01: _Rising to the Chall...
- 02/07/18--13:05: _Running Wild with S...
- 02/16/18--12:47: _Wildness at the BBB...
- 02/19/18--11:21: _fine tuning Tartine...
- 03/02/18--12:34: _Real Honest Purists...
- 03/16/18--14:40: _Get the coffee on! ...
- 04/01/18--04:14: _Sneak Peek at BBB r...
- 04/15/18--21:02: _Dark, isn’t it? …La...
- 04/28/18--08:01: _Wordless Not-Wednes...
- 05/01/18--14:27: _Darkness in April ...
- 05/16/18--20:59: _I’m Running Wild : ...
- 06/16/18--13:00: _Pain au Levain with...
- 07/16/18--10:46: _Singed Hinnies (BBB...
- 01/15/18--16:10: Wordless Not-Wednesday: Tortillas revisited
- 01/15/18--21:01: New Year’s Challenge: Tartine Polenta Bread (BBB January 2018)
- 01/19/18--14:21: Wordless Not-Wednesday: Avocado Toast
- 01/30/18--14:01: Rising to the Challenge (January 2018 BBBuddies)
- 02/07/18--13:05: Running Wild with Stacy’s Orange Rosemary Boule
- 02/16/18--12:47: Wildness at the BBBabes’ 10th Anniversary Party (BBB February 2018)
- 02/19/18--11:21: fine tuning Tartine Bread….
- 03/02/18--12:34: Real Honest Purists’ Bagels
- 03/16/18--14:40: Get the coffee on! We’re baking Nazook! (BBB March 2018)
- 04/01/18--04:14: Sneak Peek at BBB recipe for April 2018
- 04/15/18--21:02: Dark, isn’t it? …Lariano-style Bread (BBB April 2018)
- 04/28/18--08:01: Wordless Not-Wednesday: Wholewheat/Buckwheat Tartine Variation
- 05/01/18--14:27: Darkness in April (BBBuddies – errm – BBBuddy, April 2018)
- 05/16/18--20:59: I’m Running Wild : Red Pepper Coques (BBB May 2018)
- 06/16/18--13:00: Pain au Levain with citrus(ish) and seeds (BBB June 2018)
- 07/16/18--10:46: Singed Hinnies (BBB July 2018)
Whoohoooooo! summary: we have a tortilla press; cooking corn tortillas is suddenly insanely easy; keep them warm in a lidded casserole dish so they continue to steam and stay soft and pliable. wordless: 15/1/2018 Related: » Corn Tortillas from Scratch (Bookmarked Recipe) » Action! …making corn tortillas
summary: recipe for Tartine Polenta Bread, based on a recipe in “Tartine Bread” by Chad Robertson; definition of corn; using millet in place of corn; following the book recipe produces Slack Bread – worse than the croc!; making my sister happy; importance of recipe testing; overwintering rosemary in an inhospitable climate; a Bread Baking Babes [...] Continue reading »
summary: Avocado Toast made with Tartine Polenta Bread; good smoked bacon; best breakfast ever!; lazy baker syndrome – either occurs from over-rising, poor gluten development, and/or poor shaping; a Wordless Not-Wednesday post; This is all that was left over: Lazy Baker Syndrome Shaping problem (I think) on Tartine Polenta Bread – [...] Continue reading »
summary: January 2018 Bread Baking Buddies; BBB Tartine Polenta Bread gallery; about the BBBabes Tartine Polenta Bread is January’s BBB project challenge. Bread Baking Buddies (BBB): Tartine Polenta Bread This January, the BBBabes made Tartine Polenta Bread, based on a recipe in Chad Robertson’s book “Tartine Bread”. (Here is the recipe I used.) Not all [...] Continue reading »
summary: making bread based on a recipe in Jamie Schler’s beautiful cookbook “Orange Appeal”; not following the recipe vs. following the recipe; wild yeast version is good too…. My friend Stacy Livingston Rushton lives, like I do, the expat life. But whereas I’ve spent the last 30 years between France and Italy, Stacy [...] Continue reading »
summary: recipe for Wild Royal Crown Tortano based on a recipe in “Artisan Baking Across America” by Maggie Glezer, using Jane Mason’s starter and Chad Robertson’s kneading and shaping techniques; information about Bread Baking Babes; BBB’s 10th Anniversary! Bread Baking Babes (BBB) 10th Anniversary: Royal Crown Tortano – Revisited How time flies! The BBBabes have [...] Continue reading »
summary: adding a little rye flour and wheat germ to Chad Robertson’s Tartine bread; Jane Mason natural starter (wheat) is just getting stronger; altering the baking time in the combo-cooker for even better oven spring; getting permission to change the recipe; brief review of “My Kitchen in Rome” by Rachel Roddy; Yesterday, we made bread [...] Continue reading »
summary: wild bagels revisited; using zero commercial yeast; recipe for Real Purists’ Wild Bagels; choosing between poppy seeds or sesame seeds; Jane Mason’s starter just keeps getting better; snow again?! The bagel, in its peripatetic history, has moved from the shtetls of Eastern Europe to the delis of the United States […] [H]owever, most people’s [...] Continue reading »
summary: recipe for Nazook/Gata; shaping fun; dilemma about commercial yeast or wild yeast; making substitutions; a Bread Baking Babes project; Bread Baking Babes (BBB) March 2018: Nazook Easter is approaching, so Kelly (A Messy Kitchen) cleverly chose an Assyrian confection, Nazook (or should it be spelled Nazuk? Or is it Nazouk? Or perhaps it’s Nakhshoon…). [...] Continue reading »
summary: early announcement for the April 2018 BBB recipe; dottiness; Kusama’s Infinity Mirrors; Toasting; We recently went to Yayoi Kusama’s “Infinity Mirrors” exhibit at the AGO in Toronto. At the end of the exhibit, just before entering the Obliteration Room, we were handed a card with dots. By the time we were at the exhibit, [...] Continue reading »
summary: recipe for Lariano-style bread; where are the BBBabe hosts of yesteryear? … that’s right, I’m hosting again; can’t stop waffling and switching; snow?! in April; origins of sourdough; not much is needed to make bread rise; a Bread Baking Babes (BBB) project; Hey!! Didn’t I just choose the recipe a couple of months ago?! [...] Continue reading »
♥ ♥ ♥ We cannot get over the gluten structure! summary: variation on Chad Robertson’s Tartine bread (we added whole wheat, unbleached all-purpose, and buckwheat flours with some wheat berries) risen with Jane Mason natural starter (whole-wheat) bubbling happily since July 2017; look at that gluten structure; a Wordless Not-Wednesday post Even though this bread [...] Continue reading »
summary: April 2018 Bread Baking Buddy; BBB Lariano-style Bread gallery How could we resist a “chewy tangle of wheat, coffee, dark chocolate, and caramel”? Bread Baking Buddy (BBB): Lariano-style Bread Not all the BBBabes made the BBBs’ April 2018 bread. After all, April IS a very busy and rather taxing month! But those who did [...] Continue reading »
summary: recipe for Red Pepper Coques; ice water and instant yeast?? I don’t think so…; solving the dilemma with wild yeast; making substitutions – as usual; information about Bread Baking Babes; Bread Baking Babes (BBB): Red Pepper Coques The snow has gone at last; the forsythia is just at the end of its blooming; the [...] Continue reading »
summary: recipe for Pain au Levain with Lemon Juice and Sunflower Seeds, based on a recipe in “From the Wood-Fired Oven” by Richard Miscovich; taste transformations; justifying disobedience; information about Bread Baking Babes; Bread Baking Babes (BBB): Pain au Levain Making good bread is a matter of controlling variables; there is no one magic ingredient [...] Continue reading »
summary: recipe for Singing Hinnies; shaping fun; straying from “tried and true”; following instructions; information about Bread Baking Babes; Bread Baking Babes (BBB): Singing Hinnies You can’t teach an old dog new tricks… It has been poisonously hot this month. The horrible heat broke last week. But it has geared up again – just in [...] Continue reading »